Sunday, February 24, 2013

You are still here with me....

I miss you Patrick, the pain doesn't seem to want to go away. But I know that today, I am a better me than the me I was yesterday, because of you.
Your death has taught me things I never realized I needed to learn. The way that I look at those around me now is different than before you died. I see how temporary this place really is. Taking the time to love the people in our lives is the most important thing. Telling people how we feel is always right. I never knew this stuff before because I always took everything for granted.
Until I saw your life leave mine, I never thought you would go. I assumed too much by thinking that you would always be here tomorrow. I live with that now and sometimes it's not so easy to live with. It hurts a lot because there were so many things I needed to say to you, that I will never get to say, or you will never get to hear.
The lesson though is that it won't happen again with anyone and maybe that is what you wanted me to learn. I wish I could go back and be the friend that I should have been to you but I can't go back and I'm sorry for that.

This song reminds me of you....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...